Siedow & Jackson, SC
No legal fees unless we recover benefits for you.
Initial consultations are free.

You have a right to workers' compensation if you're hurt at work

You suffered a serious injury on the job. You had been focusing on a task when a coworker dropped a piece of equipment above you. Even though you had a hardhat on, it didn't protect you from the rapidly dropping item. The impact cracked the hat open and left you with a concussion. Yes, it could have been worse, but still, you have a serious injury to contend with.

You told your boss what happened, and he refused to start a claim. You even went to the hospital with a coworker after it happened, because he was worried that you didn't look okay. Your boss has claimed you're unable to file for compensation, but you know better than that.

What do you do if your boss won't let your file for workers' compensation?

First, understand that if you get hurt on the job and aren't an independent contractor, you likely have a right to file a workers' compensation claim. That compensation is there to protect you in the case that you get hurt. It covers some of your financial losses as well as your medical bills and other needs.

If your boss won't allow you to file, reach out to the Department of Workers' Compensation in your area. This department can help you make a claim. You may also wish to contact your attorney to put pressure on your employer to start the claims process.

Not allowing you to make a claim is a violation of your rights as an employee. Your employer is already required to fill out a First Report of Injury document, so if he doesn't, he's violating the law.

Regardless of how your employer acts, get the treatment you need as soon as possible. Your health is more important than the claim, and it's possible to file a lawsuit or seek assistance for workers' compensation after you are seen by a doctor.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

You Gave Your All To Work; We Give Our All To You. Call 715-318-2105.

Do You Know Your Rights?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

  • Super Lawyers
  • 10 Best 2016 client satisfaction American Institute of Family Law Attorneys tm
  • Listed in Best Lawyers The world s premier guide
  • AVVO Ratings Guidance The Right Lawyer

Office Location: 7 S. Dewey Street Eau Claire, WI 54701 Toll Free: 888-896-6174 Phone: 715-318-2105 Fax: 715-834-0977 Eau Claire Workers Compensation Law Office

Email Our Firm back to top